Monday, February 20, 2012

The training wheels are off....

Well looks like I'm blogging solo now.....

I must say I'm rather amused with this blogging thing.  I have put up one post and have had 32 views, majority from here (I 'm assuming some Facebook friends checked it out after my post) but I've had a few from the US and one from Germany!!  Wow how did they get hold of this?  Were they randomly searching blogspot for a BLT and got me?  Hey Germany and US if you come back and read this please let me know, I'm curious.

Tonight I watched another episode of a TV show called "Not Going Out" it is a British comedy but it is so funny I have to keep hitting the pause button to finish laughing before I can keep watching!  I love laughing it is the best feeling ever! I love it when my kids laugh, especially that deep laugh that comes from their tummy and little Lettuce is only starting to giggle now especially when I wash him in his neck, and it melts my heart. It even makes waking up in the night worthwhile to get a little chuckle.

Now for all of you out there that don't get along very well with your moms and mom-in-laws, here's one for the record books.....

A friend of mine's son turned 3 and he had a lovely little party with all his friends and family there to celebrate with him. Now my friend's mom is a bit of a thrifty chick and I knew trouble was brewing last week already when she told Natalie that she had discovered a thrift shop (any thrifty 60-something's dream). She was so impressed with her new discovery that she had "gone wild" (big warning sign!!) and bought a whole lot of gifts, some of which she gave to her grandchildren last week  Great gesture, she gave them 5 animated movies, how thoughtful.......on VHS!!  So I waited with baited breath for the birthday gift and boy did I get my fill on my laugh-o-meter, the gift to her only grandson was a wonderful sticker book, but guess what....... all the stickers had already been stuck in the book, that's why it was on sale at the thrift shop!!  

If there weren't weird family members we wouldn't get nearly as many laughs :-)

Lesson for today - you can't pick your family but you can pick your nose!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging Lisa.....just as I am bowing out, it would appear. Not intentionally, just not.enough.time. Just wait til your 3 are a couple of years older.....eish! It's non stop x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty. You actually inspired me to start blogging. I know that it's going to just get more and more hectic with the kids but I like the idea of having some sort of record of what we do even if it's monthly, otherwise the days turn into years and I forget what happened.

      So I am going to give it a bash, hopefully not all posts will be at 2am like the last one!!

      Delete